Thursday, May 1, 2008

Groom's attire

Mr. Smith really wants to wear a bow tie at our wedding so of course I am going to let him (bet you thought I wasn't!). However, I want to take it one step further. Suspenders! When I was growing up my dad always wore a pair of coin money suspenders, a cumberbund, and a bow tie every time he donned a tuxedo. I guess that image has always stuck in my head and I really want Mr. Smith to do the same. I saw this great image in my Martha Stewart Keepsake Planner (the other love of my life) of a tuxedo with a green cumberbund (not St. Patrick's Day green but more of a patterned sage green) and a black bow tie and thought "what a great idea"! I pitched it to the fiance' last night and don't think he was feeling it but I think with a little persuasion I might be able to sway him...

No comments: